December 10, 2021
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- One 4-ounce package diced pancetta
- 10 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded Pecorino cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 12 ounces Wild Alaska Pollock surimi seafood flakes or chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and set the bowl near the stovetop to keep it warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the eggs, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper into the pancetta. Return the bowl to near the stovetop.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water. Immediately add the pasta and 1/4 cup of the cooking water to the egg mixture, tossing to combine.
- Stir in the Wild Alaska Pollock surimi seafood and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Add more cooking water, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to plates or a serving bowl and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley. Serve with additional cheese.