Seafood Cioppino with Herb Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grilled bread, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a high-sided skillet over medium-heat. Add onion and fennel. Cook until onion is translucent and fennel has softened. Add garlic and spice packet and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, wine, clam juice, and 1 cup water and season with salt; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pat seafood dry and season with salt and pepper. Add to pot and cover, simmer until seafood is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve with grilled bread.