Baja Style Fish Tacos
- Gorton’s Beer Battered Fish Fillets (one per taco)
- Chili or taco seasoning, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, diced
- 2 limes (one for zest and juice, second sliced into sixths for serving)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced finely or shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- Mexican crema (or sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Corn tortillas (one per taco)
- Bake fish fillets as instructed on packaging. Once crisp and browned, sprinkle with chili seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, mayo, chipotle pepper, zest & juice of one lime (reserve a bit for crema), and celery seed.
- Add mixture to cabbage. Season to taste with cracked black pepper, and salt. Add cilantro and toss with tongs to incorporate thoroughly.
- Mix crema with remaining lime juice, zest, and cumin. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat tortillas over medium heat on a pan until lightly browned.
- Assemble tacos. Start by lightly spreading crema onto warm tortillas, adding slaw, and finally topping with flaked Gorton’s fish fillet. Garnish with red onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and chili seasoning.